Summary Of Key Findings For Parents And Pupils
- The school’s motto of ‘Be the best you can be’ is evident in all aspects of its work.
- Students’ achievement is outstanding. They are exceptionally well prepared for the next stage in their lives.
- Teaching is outstanding. Teachers have high expectations, strong subject knowledge and match planned learning activities to the needs of different groups of students. They know how well students are doing during lessons and adapt their teaching as necessary. These and other features ensure that students make excellent progress.
- The sixth form is outstanding. This is because of a combination of students’ progress and their success in progressing to further and higher education, training or employment.
- The behaviour and safety of students are outstanding. They have excellent attitudes to learning and share school leaders’ high expectations for conduct and courtesy. Students feel very safe in school because of the mutually respectful and supportive atmosphere.
- Leaders and managers are outstandingly effective in ensuring that students achieve to the best of their ability. There is a relentless and highly successful drive to improve the quality of teaching which is linked directly to the management of teachers’ performance. The governing body holds the school to
account very well.
The key findings of our last Ofsted inspection in 2012, are as follows:
|Overall effectiveness this inspection:||Outstanding 1|
|Achievment of pupils:||Outstanding 1|
|Quality of teaching:||Outstanding 1|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils:||Outstanding 1|
|Leadership and management:||Outstanding 1|
To read the full Ofsted report please click here