Our SEND Co-ordinator, Ms C Haile, is responsible for our successful inclusion offered to students. We define inclusion as ensuring that all students have access to a broad and balanced mainstream education. Wherever possible, this is personalised in order for every student to achieve success. Appropriate support and intervention enables all students with additional educational needs to experience and enjoy positive achievement.
By having ‘additional educational needs’ we mean that the child will have much greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age. Consequently, students with additional/special needs will have access to a supportive team of Learning Support Assistants who will:
- Support learning inside the classroom;
- Offer one-to-one support outside of the classroom;
- Supervise activities at brunch and lunch times;
- Homework clubs operate from our Learning Resource Centre (LRC) and Curriculum Access Faculty (CAF) department;
- Keep learning on track with individuals or small groups of students by supporting the teacher.
Please read more about our Local Offer here: https://worcestershirelocaloffer.org.uk
Read our latest SHS SEND Report Dec 2018
Click here for full details of our SEND policy and please contact Mrs C Haile with any complaints, queries or questions you may have about our SEND offering by email to email@example.com