Help and Guidance for Parents/Carers of Students of The Stourport High School & VIth Form College
Please read our Safeguarding Statement:
All staff and young people at Stourport High School and VIth Form College are safe and thriving; working within an environment where safeguarding is everybody’s business and intervention and support is timely and right for individuals and families. Our Values:
- An environment where our young people feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have a worry or concern.
- An environment where all staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Ensure that young people, who have additional or unmet needs, are supported appropriately. This could include referral to early help or specialist services if they are a child in need or have been or are deemed at risk of being abused and neglected.
- Continuously review how our young people are informed about how to keep themselves safe, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities as part of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Continue to engender an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned amongst all adults.
- Guarantee that when concerned about the welfare of a young person, staff members always take action in the best interests of safeguarding the young person.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at Stourport High School and VIth Form College is: Mrs E Hale Tel: 01299 872950 or email: DSL@shs.saet.co.uk
The Deputy DSL’s are: Mrs R Hall & Miss L Gardner
The Designated Safeguarding Governor is: Mrs N Bourne
Advice for Parents:
- If you are concerned about the welfare of a young person and they are not in immediate danger (where you would call 999) please ask for one of the staff above or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on local safeguarding procedures, please follow this link to the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board.
- For national safeguarding support agencies, please follow this link to Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation.
Advice for Volunteers in School
Help and Guidance for Parents/Carers of Students Experiencing Issues with Online Safety
For helpful guidance for parents/carers on a range of safeguarding matters, please click on the link below. Here you will find resources, publications, posters and other awareness raising material that could help prevent child sexual abuse.
Report an Incident
If you are worried about an incident which has occurred involving your son/daughter or another student from our school and would like to get in touch for advice and support, please contact Mr Andy Ames using the form below:
The Safeguarding & Student Support Team at SHS
Mrs E Hale – Designated Safeguarding Lead and Asst. Principal Pastoral
Mrs M Parton – Extended Leadership – DSL & Quality of Education – KS3
Mrs L Gardner – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Pastoral Support Coordinator
Mr O Wall – Pastoral Support Coordinator
Ms P Roberts – PCSO and Safer Schools Officer
Parental Advice – Keeping your children safe.