ETHOS AND VALUES
We firmly believe that providing an outstanding education ensures excellent progress in their academic studies, however in order to prepare young people fully for adulthood, we know that we must provide the experiences and opportunities that enable our students to grow into well-rounded, honest and confident members of society.
We achieve this by adopting a collaborative approach to self-development where responsibility for progress is shared by students, parents / carers and staff alike.
It is an ethos that underpins much of our work at The Stourport High School and embraces the following principles:
- Nurture – we strive to provide the support and guidance that enables students to become the best they can be.
- Respect – we actively promote the core British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs.
- Inspire – outstanding teaching and learning to enthuse, motivate and arouse curiosity
- Empower – providing opportunities to put students in charge of their own destiny
- Great Expectations – cultivating optimism, ambition, aspiration and success
We receive a wide variety of visitors into school, some of these are expected and some not. Therefore, we have formalised the protocol for visitors in order to establish clear guidance which will help us to deal with everyone appropriately. This protocol can be found below: